Guidelines for Internet & Computer Use (see also Internet Policies)
- The Staff of the Wayne Public Library cannot provide in-depth training on the Internet.
Staff may, however, offer searching suggestions and answer questions. Because of
library scheduling, staff may not always be available.
- Internet access is available during the Library's operating hours.
- Patrons sign themselves onto the internet with via Smart Access Manager, or SAM.
A valid library card is required, along with a Personal Identification (PIN) Number. There is a 30-minute limit for use,
unless no one is wating. HOWEVER, NONRESIDENTS OF WAYNE ARE LIMITED TO A TOTAL OF 1 HOUR
COMPUTER TIME PER DAY (INCLUDING
INTERNET AND WORD PROCESSING).
- Users are prohibited from installing software or electronic documents from the Internet onto Library computers.
- Because of potential damage from illicit computer viruses, the use of personal software on Library computers is prohibited.
- Users are requested not to leave "bookmarks" on the Library computers. All bookmarks will be deleted.
- The Library cannot be held liable for damages - including viruses - to personal data, discs, and equipment.
- Printing costs are 15 cents per page, your paper or ours.
- The Library will not create nor maintain user e-mail (electronic mail) accounts.
- Use of the Internet at the Wayne Public Library is for legal purposes only.
Illegal uses, including software piracy, is not permitted.